We are a small
church with a big
heart at the centre
of our community
Tidebrook Church is located half-way between Wadhurst and Mayfield. Built in 1856, it is a listed building mentioned in Pevsner’s Buildings of England.
The beautiful churchyard, with the graves of many former residents of Tidebrook, extends down to the valley where a stream runs through the woodland, providing a haven for wildlife. Visitors often remark on the friendly nature of both the building and the congregation. A service is held in the church most Sundays.
We are committed to inclusion and participation and children and young people are especially welcome.
We have aimed to make our church building accessible to all with facilities including off-road parking, a ramp for wheelchairs, and a hearing loop.
The Parish Room, at the back of the church, is a welcoming social area for meeting together and includes a a kitchen and an accessible toilet. As well as hosting refreshments after services, the Parish Room is used for children’s activities, meetings and informal services.
As the only public building in Tidebrook, the room is available for private hire, which may be arranged with the Churchwardens.